UAE family Visa- Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah etc
If you are working in Employment/residence Visa or Businessman Visa in any emirates in uae like Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah etc. and planning bring your family. You should apply for Family residence Visa. If your family members (usually wife and children) are outside the UAE, you must first apply for an entry residence visa and after they arrive, you have up to 30 days to apply for the residence stamp.
UAE family visa-Terms and Condition
Your monthly salary should not be less than AED 4000 or AED 3000 + accommodation. If you want to sponsor a residence visa for your parents, your minimum monthly salary should be AED 10,000. See residence visa for parents
UAE family visa-Document Required –UAE family visa Requirements
• Typed Application form
• Salary certificate (for government employee) or attested work contract (other employees)
• 3 months bank statement for long-time residents. New residents can submit 1 month bank statement or bank letter confirming salary transfer.
tenancy contract, Emirates ID card and labour card
• Marriage certificate that has been attested
by UAE authorities (for UAE marriages) or in your home country for spouse sponsorship
• Passports (original) and copies of both sponsor and family member/s
• Medical check-up report of spouse or children over 15 years of age from authorized hospital/clinic
• 3 passport photos of family member
UAE Family Visa Fees
• AED 310 Application fee + typing fees per family member
• AED 15 Empost label (Optional)
UAE family Visa Procedure
1. Ensure that you take your spouse/child over 15 for a health check-up and obtain a Medical Certificate.
2. Go to any authorized typing office & get application form typed and pay the fees.
3. Go to GDRFA and submit application form, along with supporting documents to receive the residence visa stamp on your family member’s passport.
Please Note: For your family member’s residence visa to remain valid, he/she must not be out of the UAE for more than 6 months. In case a Muslim expatriate has married more than one wife, he can only obtain one residency visa.
For more information, visit GDRFA or call their friendly Amer Toll free service on 800-5111
The Medical Test:
The medical examination contains blood test and x-ray of the chest and will cost AED 290. There is no medical examination for ages below 15 years.After the successful Medical Test, you will receive you Fitness certificate in 48 hours. At this time you will also receive an SMS notifying you of the test results.
Health Insurance has been made mandatory in UAE and you will be required to take insurance for the family, once the medical tests are done.
You will then need to apply for Emirates ID if you already do not have. Go to EIDA (Emirates ID)
center and wait for your turn. You should already be having application typed at an authorized typing center for Emirates ID. Emirates ID will cost you AED 270 per applicant and is mandatory.
The Residence Visa stamping process
While you Emirates ID is under process take your Medical Fitness certificate and approach typing center for typing to stamp the residence visa on your passport. Once the typing is completed, visit the immigration department and present the typed form. Take the original passports for this purpose. The officer at the counter will stamp the passports with UAE residence visa. The visas will be stamped immediately for Urgent applications. For normal applications, you will have to collect the passports the following day. In case of failed medical examination you will be required to exit the country with immediate effect if you are found unfit post the medical examination.