Bahrain Visit Visa type
Bahrain Visit Visa Visas for the Kingdom of Bahrain are classified according to several different characteristics:
- Purpose of visit
- Sponsorship requirement
- “Standard” or “eVisa”
- Multiple or single entry
- Place of issue
The Visit eVisa has the following fee structure:
Fee for Visit eVisa BD 25 (approximately USD 66)
Processing fee for Visit eVisa BD 4 (approximately USD 11)
Total fee BD 29 (approximately USD 77)
Note that if an eVisa application is not approved, the visit visa fee will be refunded but there will be no refund of the processing fee.
How do I pay?
On eVisa Bahrain website you can pay the required fee using a credit card (through a secure session with a payment gateway).
How long can I stay?
The Visit eVisa allows you to stay in Bahrain for 2 weeks. An extension can be obtained for another 2 weeks by visiting NPRA in Bahrain. (Some nationalities can stay longer). The Visit eVisa is able to be used for multiple entry.
Who can apply?
eVisa eligibility has now been extended to 113 nationalities from the previous list of 38. For further details, including a complete list of eligible nationalities, follow this link.
If you do not meet the criteria for a Visit eVisa, or if you hold a travel document other than a passport, you may still be eligible for a visa on arrival, a sponsored visa or you may be eligible to apply for an eVisa through a Bahraini embassy. Check your eligibility by pressing the Apply for eVisa button, and note the methods available for obtaining a visa for Bahrain.
What are the conditions?
The Visit eVisa is issued with the following conditions:
- You must be outside Bahrain. (Visas cannot be applied for by those travellers already in the Kingdom)
• You must have a passport (not any another type of travel document) and it should be valid for 6 months from arrival in Bahrain.
• You must have a valid confirmed onward travel ticket to leave Bahrain.
• You must be capable of supporting yourself (and dependents if travelling with you) during the visit.
• Your entry must not violate the security and national welfare of Bahrain.
• You must use a Visit eVisa within 30 days of its approval. (After this time the eVisa will expire and you will have to apply again and pay another fee).
• You must have used your visa, or it should have expired, before you can apply for another visa. (It is not possible to have more than one visa issued for a passport at a time).
If you are in doubt about the conditions you should contact NPRA or your nearest Bahrain embassy.
How long does it take?
Approval of an application is not given immediately. Processing applications will take approximately 3-5 working days. We will advise you by email when a decision has been made.
How do I apply?
Press the button Apply for eVisa and follow the instructions.
Do I have to print anything?
Once your application is approved, you can print a copy of the approval to carry with you when you travel, but this is not strictly necessary. When you arrive in Bahrain, your electronic visa will be accessible to the passport officer who greets you.
What if my application is not approved?
If your application is not approved, please contact NPRA or the nearest Bahrain embassy.
Dependents endorsed in your passport?
If you intend to travel to Bahrain with dependents who are endorsed in your passport, you should not apply for an eVisa. Instead, if you are eligible for an eVisa, you should travel to Bahrain, and obtain a visa on arrival. Your dependents will be included on this visa with no additional charge.
What other types of eVisa are there?
This site also offers a Visit eVisa for certain nationalities. To find out more information on this visa please click here.